Dr. Wendy Zaharko
Cheerfully serving our western slope communities since 2009
This note is written with a heavy heart to all my wonderful patients who have given me so much inspiration, knowledge and joy over the past 12 years in the field of medical cannabis.
I am going to be taking a sabbatical for the next 3 to 4 months. This is due to several factors.
1. The new Omicron variant of Covid-19. (Just get vaccinated! The vaccine is effective, safe and cheap—-just like cannabis!)
2. The fact that telemedicine is no longer available to the cannabis physicians puts both patients and doctors at risk. Considering that all other fields of medicine permit telemedicine this appears discriminatory especially during a serious health crisis.
3. The new regulations which started on January 1, 2022 place the cannabis physicians in jeopardy for our DEA licenses.
4. Unfortunately, these new laws also make it more expensive and harder for patients to get their cards. They appear to be in conflict with Amendment 20 which placed medical cannabis into the Colorado Constitution.
I have heard that other cannabis physicians are taking a ‘time out’ and that it is difficult to find a physician on the western slope who will certify patients. I have two suggestions:
1. Dr. B’s Mountain Clinics at 303-449-4777
2. Healthy Choices at 720-443-2420
I am so sorry about this change and I hope you understand my position.
I wish each and every one of you peace, health and happiness in 2022.
Wendy Zaharko, M.D.